Monday, February 16, 2015

City Crafter Challenge Blog #249 "Love Metal"

Hello everyone,

it is time for another challenge at City Crafter Challenge Blog


This week our host is Kirsty and she would like to see a project that includes a metal piece. I sure had alot of fun with that one!!

Here is what I have come up with:


When I created this card I was going through "Put some Gesso on EVERYTHING" stage...so pretty much almost every piece of cardstock you see on this card has a layer of gesso applied onto it. :)
I decided to go with sewing theme this time and make something shabby and chic as you can see...added couple of different diecuts, dress form mannequin handmade flowers, shabby bow, some metal charms and what not...


Those two pins I stuck into the bow...I made them :)


That little white round frame is silicon mold that I filled with tiny beads. The sewing machine is a Cricut cutout inked with Spun Sugar Distress Ink and then covered with some gesso (what a shock!)
I sure do hope you will join in on fun this week at City Crafter Challenge Blog. This week's Guest Designer is Lenet She is an amazing crafter and it is such a joy to have her with us this week!

Also please check out the amazing work from my teamies
and

I hope you enjoyed this post.
Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by...
Samra

32 comments:

  1. Every little bit of this creation is so pretty and feminine ... Absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Samra!! I sure do love me some pink! I love how you use the Gesso to give everything a lightly washed out, shabby feel...beautiful technique! Love that chandelier die, gonna have to get me one of those, it's so elegant! I just love all your metal charms too, everything is perfectly laid out and brilliantly put together! Another stunner and I have pinned it for inspiration! see you out on the dance floor my friend, hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thank you so much my dear friend!! :) There was like a fortnight when I used gesso on absolutely everything, not sure why, but I am glad I did, cause most of my creation had very good response by visitors :) Thank you for the pinning and I am happy to be able to inspire you :) See you on the dance floor :)

      Delete
  3. This is so beautiful, love the use of various die cuts and text BG

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your gesso use Samra, such a pretty, shabby look. This really is my kind of card - pink, pretty layers and magical little details. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Samra I love your use of gesso on the sewing machine; it adds an interesting touch. Your handmade pins are lovely and I love love love that shaker frame you added. Such an elegant take on our theme!
    Have a great day!
    XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Stella :) I am glad you approve :)

      Delete
  6. Every bit of your card is wonderful! I love the washed look from the gesso, and those beads behind the frame, WOW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kara Lynne :) I am glad you like my little shabby card :)

      Delete
  7. Beautiful shabby chic card love the embellishments and details and gorgeous bow
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So gorgeous in pink with the sewing theme! Love all the metal elements and beautiful bow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Maria, I am so glad that you aprove :)

      Delete
  9. This card is stunning, Samra! What a clever idea of using gesso here! Awesome!
    Branka xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Branka thank you so very much! I am glad that you approve :)

      Delete
  10. This is beautiful. Love this kind of girly pink :-) Thank you Samra for such sweet comments on my blog <3 See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww Thank you so very much Macarena!!! You made my day with your visit and I am sooo happy to hear you like my card!

      Delete
  11. So Beautiful! love all the handmade embellishments..... They make your card extra special!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A very pretty card. I love the shabby chic look. So girly with all the pink. And that you made some homemade goodies. Nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Leslee :) Have fun painting the rest of the hallway :)

      Delete
  13. A gorgeously designed card !! Looks brilliant !

    ReplyDelete
  14. A gorgeously designed card !! Looks brilliant !

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a beautiful layering of die cuts and ephemera Samra! Love the pink white colors and the lovely sewing theme!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Julia :) I am so happy that you like my card :)

      Delete